Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"home is where you feel the most loved"

Today has been wonderful! I went to my 8 a.m. drawing class, which wasn't the wonderful part. After class my friend Anne and I needed coffee and breakfast desperately so we searched for the new Julia's solstice cafe. After we found this hidden gem we ordered coffee and the house granola. It was all so delicious : )
After I dropped off Anne back at the dorms I went to get my hair did at the Aveda salon in town. Can you say highlights?!
I know, I know. I'm not supposed to dye my hair because its red. Blah blah blah. but maybe I should have listened to everyone, I'm so blonde now! The color not the mental limitations : P (sorry if this offends anyone)
But I like it! Its something new. And she said it makes me seem more tan....YEAH RIGHT. I'm a ginger. I can dye my hair and my tanning capabilities are gonna stay the same. LOL.
After the salon I picked up madey from school and we went shopping for jeans for her since her last pair "mysteriously ripped". I got a new pair of shoes for no special occasion and she now gets to sport her very first pair of straight leg jeans. : )
I made a delicious tomato and red lentil soup for dinner which was only enjoyed by Id, Ego and the super ego of myself : P
And speaking of psychology I have 2 big midterms tomorrow that I'm studying for right now. lame sauce but I know my stuff ; )
I got a text from my friend natalie telling me the northern lights were out and were effortlessly active. I went outside and sure enough: Green beams of lights were flying across the sky. So beautiful.
I woke up madey so she could see them too. We stood outside for a good 15 minutes before freezing. The Northern lights are so beautiful. Imagine this: bright green waves of light like a reflection on water rolling across the sky. Absolutely breathtaking. They peak around Spring and Fall.
Thats all for now. Hawaii in 2 days!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment