Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First day in Fairbanks

Today was jam packed with a busy schedule of stuff I had to do. I woke up today at 10:30 the first time I've been able to sleep in for a while and saw a beautiful sunrise! at 10! I love that I can sleep in and still see the sunrise. 

Got ready then headed to the local coffee shop (I'm blanking on the name but I'm sure I'll refer back to it again) got some coffee and breakfast then I was off to the University to take care of some business. Talk about frustrating though UHG! I made a very long check list and was slowly checking things off, first the financial aid office, then placement tests, more registrar visits and my admissions. After all the not so fun stuff I did some semi-fun stuff like getting groceries for the apartment and some warm socks because I'm a dork and forgot to bring warm socks to alaska! lol
It was minus 19 today and the sunset was gorgeous. The harvest moon was even bigger tonight then it was last night.

Did you know Alaska gains six minutes of day light each day? To put this into perspective you main land folks only gain 15-20 seconds a day. So by May 1st Alaska will have 16 hours of sunlight. So THERE! HA! : )

1 comment:

  1. Just read this...so I think I'll wait until May to see you...haha...actually that might be good. My ski instructor-awesome day!-is best friends with the owner of the resort in Fairbanks. Small world..so now you and I will have to try to figure out how to ski in -7degree weather-wait! If the sun is out that long is there still snow on the slopes? IDK...maybe when I sell a home we'll just forget about AK:( and meet up in Bath! my new favorite place..xoxox

    ReplyDelete