Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It started with an idea!

I have never created a blog before. I'm not exactly a "writer" but the idea of starting a blog to document my adventure of moving to alaska from my sunny california was too good to pass up. It would be a perfect chance to keep all my home land friends updated on my life and a great routine for myself. Still in limbo from living in california to living in alaska I am stranded at my father's house in Sacramento.

To clear some things up I suppose I should explain why I am moving to a frozen tundra of a land instead of staying at some remote beach in central california. An opportunity arose for me to be a nanny or as the europeans call them au pairs for a friend of a friend of a friend. I would receive enough money to go to school for free and everything from room and board would be taken care of. I couldn't pass this up.

About a month ago I was working in Redding, Ca at a deli near my house and going to a community college. This was my second year of college. My first year of college I attended a private seventh day adventist college in some desolate place in napa county. Needless to say that first year was a total bust for more reasons than one. So I found myself back in the dirty five thirty doing exactly what I didn't want to do. Working full time at a sandwich shop dealing with angry costumers and going to school full time at a community college. Then this opportunity arose and it was my ticket out of there!

So now I am out of school, out of work and waiting to depart on my adventure to alaska.
Thanks for reading the first post of my blog. I hope I can keep it interesting enough to keep reading.

Next stop HAWAII!! : )

3 comments:

  1. Soak up some rays for me. Alaska sounds so exciting. Don't forget your Uggs! And don't forget when you get lonely you can skype peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine....you already know your little person.....you can teach her to cook, draw, paint, read, etc......write us letters! Enjoy the journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey You!!!!;0) those were the best days for me!!! Remember cuddling with me and watching all of our subtitled French movies? oh now I so laugh at the night we went to the movies in Paris and they had to read French subtitles!!!Pay backs are a -----...did I mention I totally have a love/hate relationship with French people? ok so Rachelle your Host Mom is amazing and she made us that delicious meal one evening...and you and I had adventures to talk about for sure!!!...best memory of that last Redding house with you....the night we are both in our own rooms watching netflix and you calling out "are you watching Arrested Development? Reply yeeesss...you...GET IN HERE WITH ME AND CUDDLE!!!!....aaaahhhh....have i told you I LOVE YOU lately?

    ReplyDelete