Friday, October 14, 2011

Hello, everyone.

And by everyone I mean the five people who read this blog of mine that I haven't paid attention to in months. :P oops!

But I have some good excuses!

I'll briefly cover some of my latest adventures. First would be my Denali trip that my dad, wendy, madison,  Reine and I went on. Denali state park is basically all of southern alaska and is breath taking no matter where you stand. As you can see. : )

We stayed at McClaren lodge for 3 nights. This was our view : ) We had an awesome fishing trip, a wild canoe ride with a crazy unexpected hail storm and constant canoe-redirection! Reine was sweet and manly enough to push us when we got stuck. Got in that freezing glacier water in bare feet! Thats my man : )

Soon after Denali I was headed back home to california. There were many adventures along the way, too many to name but I'll do my best. Some of my favorites include my first summit attempt on shasta with my father, spending fourth of july with friends and family in my home town, Reine's surprise visit to california!!! and our wonderful california road trip that followed.

 Me in avalanche gulch. My dad and I were well on our way up the face when all of a sudden I dropped to the snow with a sharp pain in my left knee. I assumed it was a rock but we found out quick it was melting ice from the top of the gulch. The Gulch is often referred to as "The Bowling Alley" I now know why. A couple small pieces of ice also hit my dad in the shoulder and leg, so we decided it was far enough.
My dad and I in the gulch on our way down! We'll try again next year!!

Another great adventure I had this summer while in california was a state wide road trip with my best friends!

Reine had surprised me in sacramento only 2 days before our trip. It was the greatest surprise I have even gotten! : ) Gabe and emily showed up at the house, we loaded the car with snacks and supplies and headed off to SLO to visit my momma!



We had a great kayak trip while we were there. A must in SLO town.

 The crew geared up for the adventure to the dinosaur caves of pismo beach!
 Reine looking fine in his kayak gear! striking a pose! lol
 Made it through the cave! The tide was low enough that day so we could sit in the huge cavern and enjoy its beauty.
We landed safely and ready for some lunch! Had a great time working the waves, exploring sea caves and .....I can't think of anything else that rhymes with caves or waves but we saw some sea lions!!! lol

The rest of our trip was a success to say the least. We headed down to San diego after SLO to meet with friends. We stopped in SB to meet with Roxy and have some delicious mexican food!


 In san diego we traveled to la Jolla to enjoy the famous beaches and swim in the ocean. Reine had never swam in the ocean before and it was an experience for sure.
 So much fun on this trip and so much mexican food!! YUMM where else can you get awesome mexican food?...besides mexico....not alaska thats for sure!
We headed back up the coast to Santa cruz to visit with Arianna and ethan. We managed to stop off at a beach just before we got to their house just to run around the beach and play in the surf. We needed to get out all that energy from sitting in a car so long! and through LA traffic YUCK!


Me running around : )

We had such fun adventures in Santa cruz. We got to pick strawberries in the fields. so many cute little strawberries. We got so much!! and we put them on Reine's birthday strawberry short cake. Yummers!
After dinner that night we enjoyed the entertainment of the famous Santa Cruz board walk.
 Eating some more delicious snacks! Chocolate dipped cones! yum!
Along the way and during the whole trip we constantly switched seats and took pictures to document our journey. These were some of the pictures, all are my favorite! Thats our california road trip! I'll update you later on the rest of summer and my travels to Boston, New York and Nantucket! Abiento!







 Peace <3

I'll be posting my Whole wheat cinnamon rolls recipe next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment